To produce technically, professionally excellent, knowledgeable, socially responsible and globally Competitive Civil Engineers, committed for the sustainable development of the society.
- MD1 To provide quality education, globally competitive for a successful career in civil engineering
- MD2 To develop the student to pursue higher education with the state of mind of continuous up gradation
- MD3 To provide service to society through consultancy, construction protection and preservation of environment and research in civil engineering field
- MD4 To produce exemplary professional civil engineers with entrepreneurial skill
PEO's and PSO's
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1 Graduate would develop successful career in Civil engineering to attend the various issues with high moral and professional standards
- PEO2 Graduate would be able to work and meet the needs of sustainable development
- PEO3 Graduate would develop the ability to pursue higher education with continuous engage in lifelong learning
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1 Ability to develop the skills required for planning, analyzing, and designing, estimating and executing the civil engineering structures
- PSO2 Ability to identify the soils of different nature through the geotechnical investigations and providing the suitable foundation to the structures
- PSO3 Ability to plan, analyse, design and to solve environmental engineering related problems.
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis : Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication :Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change