Knowledge Centre is established along with the parent institution in the year 1980 with prime objective is to support the parent organizational programs. It is having independent, functionally designed building and it is located in the convenient accessible place in the college campus to the different group of library users. The soul of the library builds with our ancient people’s knowledge bricks. The prime motto of the knowledge centre is to building the knowledge empowered society. The mission of the knowledge centre is to meet the expectations of the library stakeholders with available resources and by integrating external emerging trends with internal factors. The main goal of the knowledge centre is to improving the service effectiveness, economy and efficiency of library management system. Safeguard the interest and benefits of the stakeholders and facilitate to develop the innovative thoughts and knowledge sharing culture among the library users. The quiver of the knowledge centre enfolded the both print and digital form of global standard mass and scholarly knowledge contents. Digital library system integrated with campus network to enhance the learners’ body of knowledge. It is also fostered distribution units at the departments for timely access of needed information at the work place with zero foot print. The library management system is automated with Easylib Software to improve the efficiency of library housekeeping operations and provide speed service to the library users. It is also collaborated with national information network agencies (VTU e-resources Consortium & DELNET) and provided Internet and Wi-Fi facility to access required information.
LAWS OF LIBRARY SCIENCE
- Books are for Use
- Books are for all
- Every Book its User
- Save the time of the User
- A Library is a Growing Organism
Padma Shri. S.R. Ranganthan
Support the parent organization to improve its academic excellence, preserves information across all formats and ensures effective storage and delivery systems to serve future users and develop the college community as self learners and lifelong learners.
The Library's mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the College community. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to: Build global standard information collection; create hospitable physical and virtual environments for study, teaching and research. Develop collaborative culture to enrich the research and learning community. Educate users about the library’s sources and services and develop professional sills in its library staff
- Improve the effectiveness of the library services.
- Improve the financial performance and economic growth of the library.
- Improve the efficiency of the library housekeeping operations
- Develop the library wide work culture, professional skills of the library staff and develop the library staff as strategic thinkers.
- Safeguard the interests and benefits of the library stakeholders.
- Meet the library users’ expectations by provide value added library services.
- Optimum usage of allocated budget and mobilize financial resources.
- Improve the library internal process speed, accuracy and transparency, develop zero inventory control system and zero foot print library service delivery system by integrated. Information and communication technology.
- Encourage and motivate to develop sustain expertise, skills, commitment and an innovative spirit in its library staff.
- Consider the voice of the library stakeholders to review and redesign valued added library services.
LIBRARY PROCESS DRIVES
- Standards and Norms of AICTE, New Delhi
- Standards and Norms of VTU, Belgaum.
- Prescribed Syllabus of VTU, Belgaum
- Books Selection Tools (Publishers /Vendors Catalogue)
- Code of Dewey decimal classification (DDC-21edition.)
- Code of Anglo American Cataloguing Rules-II (AAC-II )
- Easylib Library Management Software and Digital Library Server
- Users Awareness Orientation Programs about Library Sources, Service, search skills and Legal Issues.
- Library Users’ feedback device (organization intelligence) to review and refine the library service models.
- Library Staff suggestions for system improvement.
- Library Guides and Library Manual
LIBRARY PROCESS CONTROLS
The following Control measures have been adopted to regulate the library activities and improve the library performance.
- Library Rules & Regulations
- Budgetary Control System
- Cost Analysis measures
- Shelving Accuracy measures
- Property Security measures
- Information Pollution Control measures
- Information Pollution Control measures
- Self assessment
- Library Carpet Area: 1020 SQM
- Seats Available: - 150
- Workstations Available: - 25
- Reprographic facility - Yes
- Connectivity: High speed Internet and WiFi at library premises
LIBRARY WORKING HOURS
|Reference Section||:||8.00 am to 8.00 pm|
|Periodical Section||:||8.00 am to 5.00 pm|
|Lending Section||:||10.00 am to 5.00 pm|
- No. of Print Media Journals: 149
- No. of Bounded Volumes:895
e-Journals: Elsevier- Science Direc5t, Springer (Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Mechanical and CS- 667 e-journals), Taylor and Francis, Pro-quest database, IET digital library, KNIMBUS digital library (13000 open Access Journals), Springer (7859e-books) and ASCE e-Journals
- No. of Titles of Books: 10,548
- No. of Volumes of Books: 1,39,803
Digital Media Books: 13,139
- Reference Service
- Referral Service
- Reprographic Service
- Lending Service
- Inter Library Loan (ILL)
- Search Supporting Service
- OPAC Service
- Book Bank Service
- Question Bank Service
LIBRARY USERS’ DATABASE
(Students -2 750 and Staff – 250)
STRENGTHS of LIBRARY
- Customers’ - Huge Database
- Collection – Global Standard Journals and Books
- Comfortable:- Furniture
- Connectivity: High Speed Internet, and WI-Fi facility at library.
- Consortium – VTU – consortium and DELNET for Sharing Information resources
- Cost Effective – Book Bank Service
- Convenient - Working hours
- Competencies - of library staff
M. Viswanatha ReddyIncharge Librarian
E- Mail ID: email@example.com
D. A. SIVA PRASAD